22/11/2012

eat healthy!

My usual breakfast & lunch at work - chee cheong fun/orh kueh with chilli & sweet black sauce, fried mee/ bee hoon with small piece of fish cutlet - below $4.

Today's breakfast & lunch - Saladstop - BLT wrap, chicken mayo sandwich, a cup of diluted milo made in office - $7.50.

I'm pretty sure that today's meals are far more healthier than my usual fried stuff. and Saladstop is just below my office. Price, however, is double. But i really think its worth it to stick to Saladstop on a daily basis.

1) Amount of artery-clogging unhealthy fats and carbs will be greatly reduced.
2) I won't gain that much weight.
3) I won't gain that much weight.
4) I won't gain that much weight.
5) I won't gain that much weight.

Now u know my emphasis :)

I'm not going home for dinner tonight (yay to outside food) coz I have worship practice at church. But I'm so going to miss my girl. She's such fun now - chattering non-stop (when she's not playing on the iPad) and so expressive. Now her conversations will usually start with "U know what, ..." or "Do you know..", and i love it that she's so willing to share what she has learnt with me and hubby. It's the holidays now, so I try to go home early everyday to spend more time with her. Just sitting beside her makes me feel so contented!

I started playing Boggle with her yesterday night. Boggle is basically like the Scramble app. I guess it's a good thing for her to start stretching her brains a bit more by trying to look for words in different ways and combinations. As it was her first time doing this, she had difficulty locating words that were not in a straight line. So all i did was to show her the words that can be located. Then I played the game twice myself, showed her the words i found and got her to locate the words on the grid. We stopped after 20 minutes coz she got a bit tired hahaha. Shall continue again maybe during this weekend!

Was just chatting with Cat online yesterday and I was sharing with her my viewpoint on kids. I believe that every kid's mind is born empty and the kid's personality and character all depends on what we put in and how we teach and guide the kid. 90% comes from the parents and the rest comes from outside influences e.g. relatives/ peers/ tv. There's no such thing as "he's born with a bad temper!" or "I've tried everything but nothing works!" in my opinion.

So, parents have a huge responsibilty to bring up their kids the right way. Fill their minds with positivity and joy, if not the devil will fill it with anger and loss. Whatever time parents have, spend it with kids and impact them positively as much as possible. Show them the clouds, the grass, the TV remote control, the plants - everything is a source of wonder and awe to them!

I'm not a perfect parent myself - I've lots to learn from everyone. I've seen parents with better or worse parenting styles - I used to criticize and judge (mostly ranting about it to hubby) but now I guess I shall mind my own business and just focus on my own family! I may become a worse parent after no 2 pops out coz i'll be too tired or busy!! Sigh hope not...

Anyway i am glad to have no 2 when my no 1 is already going into p1. I really think i won't be able to cope with a newborn and a toddler =_=... my no 1 now understands her boundaries and is able to obey instructions when we tell her the reasons. although everyone says that the age gap between siblings shouldnt be too big, i feel that it really doesnt matter if the kids are brought up the right way - in love and respect for one another (so again it boils down to the parents!).

Wah i have written such a long post today lol. 2nd trimester is indeed much better LOL.

No comments: