08/10/2012

bear with me

"Being a Christian shouldn't be painful, but it shouldn't exactly be a safe bubble of comfort, either. The world isn't an oasis for us Christians—that's been prepared for us in another world. There are things we need to stand and fight for,...principles that need to be clearly drawn, tasks to perform, mistakes to be made and learned."

(Taken from Burp & Slurp's blog post http://www.burpandslurp.com/2012/09/25/on-being-an-authentic-christian/)

And, this was my learning point for today. I haven't been fighting much lately, haven't been applying biblical principles thoroughly, haven't been disciplined enough to stick to some spiritual habits. It's more like a Sunday thing for me lately.. argh. This struggle is so daily. I see my bible at my bedside and I get reminded of it. I see my Bible Gateway app on my phone and I get reminded of it.

A seemingly simple decision to make time, has become an easily forgotten issue swept aside. Even after I post this, I doubt I will make any changes?

Just too exhausted currently. I am quite contented with my Sunday worship services at the moment. Bear with me k.

No comments: