09/10/2012

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble - Psalms 46:1

Thank you Lord for showing me this verse just when I am feeling super helpless and lousy about myself. It's tough being a parent, especially in competitive Singapore. On one hand, I am damn worried that my girl cannot catch up coz all her peers are learning the same damn thing in her kindy. On the other hand, I am too kiasu coz she's just K2 and what she is learning now will happen late next year in Primary 1.

I feel lousy for chiding her whenever she gets the answer wrong, despite repeated lessons and reminders. I feel angry with myself that I seem to be making her hate Maths. I feel like just taking it slow and give her a week's break, but worried that after that week's break, she will forget everything and I gotta start from scratch again. Practice makes perfect, everyone knows that. It means I have to exercise A LOT OF self-control and patience whenever I teach her.

Maybe i should just lower my expectations. Just guide her with answers and not ask her any questions for the next 2 weeks.. until she feels confident enough to answer on her own.. in this way there is no pressure for her and me. and i still teach her.

This is kinda affecting my work too. I get so much frustration from teaching my girl in the evenings, that I don't feel like talking at all at work. I just hope people leave me alone. And the fact that I have a new colleague beside me doesn't help... haiz..
 
Before I post, a thought just came to my mind..maybe from God.
 
We don't even know what's gonna happen tomorrow, why the heck do I worry so much???

No comments: