21/03/2013

inspiration

Came across a friend's instagram (dunno her v well actually ha) and her life serving in church - so filled with joy and purpose. I am inspired.

The saying goes : u start serving where God placed u. And guess what - that's often the hardest. At home: just can't wait to sink into the sofa and watch telly. In office: just can't wait to finish all my work so I can knock off on time, sink into the sofa and watch telly. Watching telly kinda helps me just forget myself for the moment and start getting concerned on people acting out their lives inside the box.

That's pretty enjoyable and relaxing actually. Life's quite rough u know. Then u realize that it's really very meaningless to watch telly. Nothing comes out of it. But being stuck at home w the kids, what else can i do? Sigh.

I can spend my time doing other meaningful things such as checking on my friends and how they are, writing well wishes cards for friends, or reading the bible and see if there's anything my life can improve on. That's provided my small one is asleep and I have my hands free to write or read or type.

I guess I can cut myself some slack these few months as I recuperate from my operation. No need to rush into things. Just continue to think and reflect.

No comments: